Mr. Peter Sprigg
Senior Fellow for Policy Studies
Family Research Council
801 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
I’m curious what would have been the most challenging event you have ever had the misfortune to experience?
Don’t you agree that life has enough challenges and obstacles without a gender identity issue? There is enough malevolency and indecency in this world even before it comes to your sexuality or your gender. I wonder if you could ever, EVER, understand either what it’s like to “come out” to the world as gay OR face the world as Transgender. They are the true heroes of this world. They and incredible spiritual beings have a human experience and ALL have my utmost respect and admiration for their courage.
- The Williams Institute report, performed in 2011 stated that 700,000 Americans identify as Transgender, less than 1% (I believe that’s kinda low)
- 9-Million (3.4%) openly admit their gayness (roughly the population of Los Angeles County)
- 19-Million (8.2%) have engaged in same-sex behavior
- 25.6-Million (11%) have had same sex attraction
- In a Gallup Poll, released in October, 2012, confirms that 3.4% of individuals posed identify as LGBTQ (which I believe is way too low)
- If 3-5% of the world population identifies as LGBTQ, that’s 210-Million to 350-Million
Or We Can Talk About Mental Health Issues Within the United States.
Are those the type of delusions from which we suffer?
But… Today, I Want To Offer You My Friendship.
So, I am asking you today to be my friend. Allow me to be your friend and show you the absolutely cool-ness that is being gay. I love being a member of the LGBTQ community. And, this might really blow your mind, if I could choose to be gay, I would choose it each and every day, over and over again.
I also don’t know if you realize that it’s just a matter of time before we win the battle for Marriage Equality. And once that happens, it’s then only a matter of time before Transgender rights are fully granted, not just in the United States, but everywhere else too! Especially if Hillary Clinton becomes our next President, watch out!
So why not take me up on my offer?
I truly believe that Homophobia is the lack thereof of gay-influence in someone’s life. I have a strong feeling once you got to know me (or any LGBTQ individual), you would start to shift your opinions.
Lastly, a word of caution too! Since you have been featured on CNN several times over the past few months and I imagine you will be featured more as the battle for human, marriage and transgender equality rages onward, think about how you might be using your influence to perpetuate more hatred and fear into the world. You have an incredible opportunity to use your influence to perpetuate “Embracing” and love into the universe, don’t you think? I just don’t think Acceptance is enough anymore. We must embrace the uniqueness and diversity within all of us. Don’t you agree?
Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at 323-204-2974. I look forward to sitting down with you on CNN to debate all things LGBTQ. Let’s make it happen soon!
Seth E Santoro
1) As of today, I am officially a featured blogger for the Huffington Post’s Gay Voices. I feel like such a grown up now. Check it out at Huff Post Gay Voices.
2) Last night was my first official Book Signing and Release. It was an intimate crowd here in Los Angeles.
3) Life is a crazy emotional roller coaster and I look forward to finding myself more and more every day.
You can join the fun at:
Seth’s FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/sethesantoro
Seth’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/sethesantoro
Website: www.sethsantoro.com or www.smilefromtheinside.com
You can purchase “How I Learned To Smile From The Inside” at the following sites:
A Smile From The Inside Production 🙂