|Click Here for @DirtyPop108|
Because of my ankle, I have noticed my injury is slowing me down. Everywhere. Everyday. All the time.
5) I don’t have to work out. As a gay man in West Hollywood, there is a “little” pressure to look good. I’m not saying I give in to that pressure, but I do like to look good. Well, now I have a legitimate excuse NOT to go to the gym for the next 4-6 weeks, at least. I mean, I could go, but I really need to stay off my foot as much as possible, right? That’s what the doctor told me anyway!
4) I get to slow down my roll, literally. Given I cannot walk as fast and since I hobble everywhere, I am starting to see the world just a little bit differently. Slowing down is an incredible exercise in patience and reflection. I mean, why do I always rush to the bathroom at work? Or why do I always rush back to my seat after going to the bathroom? It is actually really refreshing to take a leisurely stroll to the bathroom and return. The work will still be there upon your return, right? Take things a bit slower. Allow some time to take things in. You might just learn something about yourself…or you might just get irritated. Either way, you become more aware of your own habits, idiosyncrasies, and hang ups.
3) People don’t expect quite as much and neither should you. As most of you probably know, I am not only a perfectionist and a non-procrastinator, I am also an insanely hard worker. It’s been really really amazing now that people’s expectations have softened. I have even relaxed a little upon my own expectations of “Perfect” work. I am usually going twenty-four seven and I now can allow myself to take it easy and take care of myself. It’s been a little bit of a stress reliever, especially after last week’s terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!
2) Speaking of relaxing, it’s okay to relax and put your feet up. It’s an amazing excuse to put up your feet after a long hard day at work. I truly don’t think we put our feet up enough. In the future, I might just do it… just because.
5) This blog, Smile From The Inside, has officially been around one year…and I’m happy to report I am just shy of 10,000 unique hits. I guess that’s impressive. Who knows?
|Click Here for Pic|
YOU can join the fun at:
Seth’s FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/sethesantoro
Seth’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/sethesantoro
Website: www.sethsantoro.com or www.smilefromtheinside.com
A Smile From The Inside Production 🙂