Because sometimes you just NEED to take a picture with Ariel aka The Little Mermaid.
Why am I so obsessed with Ariel? I have watched The Little Mermaid probably fifty (50) times in my life. I can pretty much recite the songs word by word. I have been thinking a lot about this lately.
I accompanied an 8-year old girl last weekend to the Little Mermaid Sing-A-Long. Honestly, I was probably more excited than she was. Unfortunately, the movie turned out to be just The Little Mermaid in 3D (and not the Sing-A-Long), but, Ariel still managed to make an appearance. Not to worry, I sang along with the movie anyway — out loud and proud. I had warned the people around me and I secretly hoped they would sing along with me. What? Are you judging me, right now?
Here are seven (7) Lessons you never thought you could learn from The Little Mermaid:
1) The more you want something, the harder you work for it, the sweeter it is once you obtain it.
2) Prince Eric is the most amazing of all the Disney Princes for many reasons. He is the most genuine, the most sincere, honest, good, understanding, a great listener, and a true gentleman. Not to mention, hot, well…for an animated character. The point is, move over Prince Charming, I’m searching for my Prince Eric.
3) Be daring. Be bold. Swim up to the land where the people are…every chance you get. Live without regrets!
4) SING like you sing in the shower OR sing like only Ariel can — DANCE like you just got new feet. — and, LOVE like you are sixteen (16) and have never been hurt.
5) Stop accepting the love you think you deserve, you deserve an ending closer to Disney. You always have and you always will.
6) Happiness is about letting go of all your judgments, your preconceived notions, and the ones you love. Trust — and believe it will all be good. In fact, the best is always yet to come!
7) Mistakes are sometimes the best thing that can ever happen to you! Make them, learn from then, and move on!
The Little Mermaid carries with it a wealth of lessons. It reminds us to stay young, be daring, and live life!
So…go live life!!
1) This is my 100th blog posting! It has been quite the eighteen months.
2) I’m supposed to be an uncle again any day now. I absolutely can’t wait! Speaking of my sister, I believe I owe her a copy of the new Little Mermaid on Blu-Ray. See, I seem to remember a boy (myself) that taped over her copy of “The Little Mermaid” with I’m sure some gay program like “Alf”! Oops.
3) Best Line Ever…”You may have been a princess, but you will never be…a queen!” — Once Upon A Time I know a lot of gay guys who feel the same way.
4) I am nearly 70% of the way through my book proposal for my third book. Now, I need to write the sample chapters. I have managed to track down five extraordinary individuals with extraordinary journeys. Once completed, I’m going to send it to some literary managers. Woohoo!!
5) Go Red Sox! and Go Dodgers!
|Click Here for Pic|
A Smile From The Inside Production 🙂